StoryStock in association with Kerry Film Festival is looking for filmmakers and Storytellers to tell real stories of the people around them.
StoryStock is a new Irish company that is passionate about storytelling. We are building a global archive of real stories of ordinary people. Stories of love, loss, triumph, adventure, mental health, sickness and happiness all blend together to create one of the world’s first digital story archives on StoryStock.com
Most stories start with a simple phrase – My name is…
#MyNameIs is a unique collaboration between Kerry Film Festival and StoryStock that brings storytelling to the fore of film making as we search for the best stories of real people around the world.
10 of the best stories will be screened as part of the Kerry Film Festival 2017 in front of a live audience. An overall winner will be selected by a panel of judges on the night and will take home 1500 euro and a second place prize of 500 euro will be given to the runner-up.
First Prize – €1500
Second Prize – €500
- Cost of entry is 10 euros. (Payment via paypal).
- All stories must be 3minutes or under in length.
deadline for open submissions is 28th July 2017.***DEADLINE EXTENDED*** New deadline for submissions is 18th August 2017
- Submissions must be made by uploading the stories on here. You can watch this short explainer video here as to how to enter and upload stories below.
- All stories must be about real people and must be true stories. Non-fiction
- Stories not in the English language must have English subtitles.
- Should you wish to include a music bed as part of your film you must also upload a version without music. You must have written permission to use the music.
- Please do not include end credits, production logos or watermarks.
- The top 10 films will be screened at the Kerry Film Festival and the winning entries will be announced on the night.
- The selection and scheduling of all films screened at KFF 2017 is entirely at the discretion of the Festival Director and the Judging Panel.
- Due to the large amount of submissions received KFF cannot enter into any discussion regarding films that are not selected for the 2017 edition of the festival. In 2017, the festival is unable to send personal emails regarding films that are not selected and notification regarding the status of selection will be made via email. Due to the volume of entries, we will only contact those films selected for KFF2017.
- Selected films will be announced on the KFF website and in the media.
- On submitting to the festival the applicant understands that he/she has legal right to submit the film including ensuring all clearances have been obtained. By submitting to the festival the applicant agrees to the rules and terms.
- By uploading this story, you are agreeing to the StoryStock.com terms and conditions
Who are StoryStock:
StoryStock license stories from their archive to media organisations around the world, so by submitting your film through the StoryStock.com platform, you are agreeing to allow StoryStock to manage the license on your film. The good news is that every time StoryStock license your story to media – you get paid 60% of the fee charged and get your story in the media.
The story always remains yours as does the copyright and all such rights. StoryStock just want to offer it to media on your behalf in an agent’s role.